Saturday, November 17, 2007

- 10K Hits #1

In lieu of making an entry here, I'd like to post a clipping off a message I sent to my best friend and what he wrote back. This was in early 06, when I was going through some pretty tough shit, and had reverted back to my old partying ways, and when I got done with that I found out who my friends really were...

anyway:

I was just looking at the old photos of NGS (MY OLD BAND-ED.) playing together on our old webpage that's still kind of up. It made me think of NGS and the early days before kyle joined and it was just you and me and Thomas running around in his Eagle and going to wal-mart. I'm kind of nostalgic for those days...I miss them. I miss drinking sodas out of your mom's fridge and hanging out with you and the gang and pegging the fuck out of each other with air soft guns. I know we're pretty busy and I also know that it's no one's fault but my own. I've been a real shitty friend for probably the past couple of years now but you still come out and listen to me at the shows and call me up every once in a while, and when I do get back to you I know I can be short and kind of an ass and I don't talk much. You've been a much better friend then I deserve. I just wanted to thank you for that and let you know how much of a douche I've been. I think our friendship is one of the most positive things that's ever happened in my life and I never have put into it as much as I got out of it. So I'm sorry, and thanks.

His Response:
Know what you mean man, I look fondly back on those days too. I don't know what it is but things were just really fun back then. I realize everyone gets busy. Over the past couple of years I've realized that everyone eventually goes their separate ways, and that's fine ya know, just still got to find time to be friends. Dude, I've never thought of you as any less of a friend because of anything you ever did. i might not agree with everything you have done, but hey that's me. I'm not going to let it mess up a friendship that has lasted this long. Sometimes i feel like i can't hangout (as much) with a lot of my friends because i don't really like to go out to bars, or drink that much. but dude, call me anytime when you aren't working. Ok shit I'm rambling now. get back to me on this, or something. talk to you later man.


Robby and I hooked up in eighth grade and started a punk band. Although that has since faded he's been the one constant friend I've had throughout the years, the one who I can call and would always call me back, the one who calls me if I don't call him, who's content to hang out and listen to me bitch, play music, whatever. I don't think I'll even be half the friend to him that he is to me, but I'm gonna goddamn well try.

Sorry for the serious stuff, folks. Just working around a little writer's block.

-MM

No comments: