Saturday, January 26, 2008

- Still Here!

Let me tell you story. A story about a scared boy was getting to the end of his rope. He didn't handle his problems well and had problems with drug abuse before he got cleaned up and got a job he loved. He thought he was getting his life back together.

Well, the boy never did how to learn pressures and stress. He liked working, he liked working hard, and he liked playing hard. But eventually, somehow, an insidious disease snuck past him and roaring, grabbed control of his life without him ever realizing it. When he did, he was crushed under so far he didn't know what to do, and was going to end his life. But instead of picking up his knife, he picked up a telephone, and called some one. He went to treatment. He's getting better, so much so that now they let him go to town for a little while.

Do you know who this boy is?

It's me.

I've been in rehab, folks. I've been in treatment the past 60 days and am getting better all the time. I should be back out soon, and don't worry, I'll definitely be back. Maybe round the end of Febuary. So keep your eyes open and your boots dry, and you'll see me soon.

Stay safe!

-MM

19 comments:

Mama Mia said...

MM - hang in there. You did the right thing and I'm glad that you are getting help.

Sending you healing thoughts.

Jeanne said...

I send you best wishes too. I have a similar problem and wish I were brave enough to reach out, like you were.

Medic 61 said...

Stay strong, you're an amazing person for being able to do this. I'll be thinking about you.

Davie said...

I'm proud of you.

Take care, stay positive, and keep in touch.

NY EMT said...

MM... you hang in there! I'm proud of you for having the guts to pick up that phone instead of the alternate choice. We'll hang out until you're back - take whatever time you need.

Epijunky said...

I don't know you, but I'm also proud of you. Take care, MM...

techie said...

Stay safe MM, the world needs more people like you.

HollyB said...

Keep working your program, MM. We'll wait as long as it takes. Just hang in there, take it one day at a time.

Mrs. Who said...

MM: You don't know me from Adam and vice versa, but you did the right and strong thing. May God bless you on the road to recovery.

Ambulance Driver said...

Rehab, eh?

Good on you, brother.

I look forward to reading your stuff again soon.

RevMedic said...

I'm really glad to see you're still here, and even more glad to see that you saw you had a problem and sought help.
We're here for you and wishing you the best.

Chris in SE TX said...

MM, hang in there! I know EXACTLY what you're going through.... IF, and that's IF, you feel like it, send me your e-mail address to:

ChrisK350@hotmail.com

There may be some things from my VERY personal experience that may help you, or at least make you feel better....

If not, that's OK. I understand that, too. Either way, I have faith in you. I know, that ultimately, you will defeat the demons that you are fighting!

Keep your sense of humor and don't forget to resume posting after you get everything in order!

JeRRTep said...

MM,
I commend you!! the love of my life has been clean/sober now for 7 years...every day I see how tough it is for him to get through life this way...but every day is a new day and he just keeps going.....I've been with him now 5 years and I love him more and more every minute!!

just hang in there MM, you can do it!
kT

Hammer said...

Good luck bud. Some of these things can just grab you the wrong way. I send my best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck, man.

Trusty Trocar said...

I've missed you about on the 'net. Glad to know you're on the way back up.

EE said...

Best wishes sent your way!

Anonymous said...

God bless and keep you, and know that you're in many of our thoughts...and some of us, having done the rehab tango or the 12 step waltz, will be praying especially hard for you.

Detail Medic said...

Stay strong MM. We've got your back.