Monday, November 10, 2008

- Confessions of A Weird Guy

I think I'm weird because I get a lot of pleasure out of these and I don't think other people do. Maybe I can get away with "Delightfully Eccentric" instead of "Full-Blown, Mouth-breathing Whacko":

1. Vacuuming - I like to vacuum the house. I don't know why. I like the way the rug looks after the vacuum runs it over. It may be the noise it makes. (others noises I like - the ambulance siren horn, the sound the phone makes when you call someone and it's ringing)

2. Driving with the window down - I'll even put on a jacket and knit cap in the winter just to drive with the window down. I like the breeze! I always get out with a smile on my big dumb face. I sleep with 2 fans going, even in the winter (yes, I have a CPAP too)

3. Folding My Clothes - I get a little excited when my laundry gets done because that means I get to fold everything! It all gets put away in its neat little box or hung up in the closet!

I know, weird, right?

-MM

11 comments:

Medic61 said...

...you can so come fold my laundry when it's done. That's one of my least favorite things ever.

The Lily said...

Completely with you on the folding clothes thing, except I can explain it: It's therapeutic for me. Completely mindless and automatic so I can think about other things while I am doing it.

Now, the putting away part of the process. Not so much.

Loving Annie said...

Nah, MM - weird would be vacuuming naked and singing 'risky business' songs :)

It feels good to have fresh air in the car

And folded clothes and a neat house just bring peace of mind with it.

Walt Trachim said...

Nothing wrong with folding clothes... I've been told I'm a little OCD about that myself because I do the same thing. Can't really put them away right now because I can really only stand on one foot.... They stay in the basket.

Vacuuming? Okay - I'll bite.

Opening the car window? Me too. And I also have CPAP.....

ArkieRN said...

Will you come live with me? Please?

Anonymous said...

When I hired in as an EMT, they were talking about ideal characteristics of emergency responders... OCD tendencies were mentioned several times.

Might be some truth there..

Bernice said...

Hate, no loathe folding clothes. But not nearly as much as putting them away. I love vaccuming but not so much the actual vaccuming part as much as seeing how much crap is in the canister when I am done. I love my dyson.

Kate said...

...yeah, you can come fold my clothes too. But I find a strange pleasure in emptying the dryer lint trap. I love how it can be so dirty, then in the next minute, so clean, with such little effort. Good post!

NYC EMS said...

Im a windows down guy too.

Anonymous said...

#1 & #3 for me.

It's either OCD or maybe just weirdness...

Supermouse said...

I like washing dishes.

One job I used to enjoy when working as a lab tech was sterilising the glassware, including the pipettes. You had to roll this tiny piece of cotton wool, not too loose, not too tight, and put it in the pipette, a hundred pipettes to a box, ten boxes. The beakers and flasks got a foil hat and sometime cotton wool too. Then it got baked in the oven. Mindless and took a long time, but I used the time to think happy thoughts.