Friday, December 26, 2008

- Updates

All my best laid plans to screw with FNG are all screwed up because he turned out to be a sly and crafty learner, sparing him the brunt of my mindgames, but I got moved to the Critical Care unit at our station...

...leading to what has been a 6 week death spiral of every new employee we've hired. I don't mind teaching someone, but having to go through the same stuff every shift was wearing me thin...

...really thin. And even though I only have to see her for twenty minutes a week, tops, the urge to strangle Lazy Paramedic (formerly partner) is so intense my eyeballs bulge 6 or 7 centimeters from their sockets every time I see her. I also was turned down for a promotion...

...which kind of works out though, because I'm enrolling back into school to finish up my little punk-ass associates degree. If I nail straight As, I'll go premed, and if not, on to Nursing...

...and apparently The Higher Power has decided to award me for not going ape-shit on anyone because guess who's coming back to be my partner until she gets into medical school?

That's right. Izzy.



Merry X-mas to me! And Happy holidays to all you guys!

-MM

4 comments:

Epijunky said...

Merry Christmas, MM!

Loving Annie said...

Glad you are going back to school, MM. Have my fingers crossed for you that the pre-med goes well :)

And you get Izzy back - yeayyyy !

Happy upcoming New Year 2009 to you, too.

Best wishes,
Loving Annie

Kim said...

Hey - if you get straight "A"s, why not go into Nursing to begin with? We can use smart folks like you, ya know!

Don't let medicine get all the good ones.... : )

copswife said...

hey, I just found your blog and spent some time reading past posts. Other than the fact that you seem to be a pretty twisted individual, you have an amusing blog here.