Friday, September 21, 2012

- Back in Back(water)

I missed this area. I missed the cane fields, the bayous, the people at walmart.

The farms and farm animals.

The poor part of town.

The rich part of town.

The food.

And the calls.

"How long has your toe been hurting, ma'am?"

People don't believe me when I tell them about the broken toes and itchy butts.

But we also get good calls.  A young flips his truck into the bayou and we have to jump into a flat bottomed boat to get him extricated.

A lonely older lady who tries to overdose.

Heat exhaustion, shootings, strokes, heart attacks, GI bleeds.  A diverse profile of calls and patients, keeping my skills sharp.

I believe in this job. I know now that  I can't do it forever. I don't think I'll make even another 2 or 3 years. But I'm back here now, moved completely away from home into Backwater, and joined the fire department in addition to working for XXXX Ambulance.

And it's good to be back.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back - you have been missed!

murgatr
Pharm.Tech. RDC'06